Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today is...

My birthday. Well not officially. I will be 22 around 12:29pm later this afternoon. But I'm sure my mom was anxiously awaiting my presence at this time, and I was anxiously waiting to break free. Not much has changed.

Well I contemplated my last entry. I have come to realize a few more regrets that have been weighing heavy on my heart, although I'd rather not admit them. This week (maybe month or hour) I have come to terms with some serious regrets that could be filed under "friendship" and hope that I can mend or overcome. I'm not hopeful, but honest.

So on this night of my birth, I enjoyed drinks with some really great friends. I went to a strange house party with interesting characters (and stories to tell selected confidants), drank cheap ass beer, and relived moments with fabulous friends. My night took me from North Philly, to South Philly, to Fairmount Park, back to South Philly, only to rest my weary bones on North 5th Street where I am finally able to think about the 21st year of my life.

Every year I ask myself if I'm everything I hoped I'd be at this time last year. I've concluded upon assessment that I've fallen short in some areas, but exceeded any hopes in others. I think I've finally found my calling. I've become much more honest and free-spirited. I know what scraping the bottom of the barrel (financially and emotionally) really means. I think I can be somewhat proud of this last year. I only hope that I can can do better during my 22nd.

Tomorrow (today?) is probably going to be rainy (it's raining as we speak). My plan is to sleep in, get ready, go to dinner, and then eventually wind up at Dirty Frank's for $5 pitchers of Lager. If you read this and you like me then you should join me. Wish me a happy birthday.

--------------------------------------------------------

So I promised mini pony pictures. I'm sorry that I can't deliver right now. They're on my mom's camera and will probably make it to my laptop this weekend. But I can say this: Buckwheat (the mini horse) is fresh and likes when Travis chases him around the corral, and the fancy baby horse (whose name escapes me) gave me love and then stepped on my toe. All in the name of good horse lovin'.

My parents are taking me to dinner in Atlantic City on Saturday night for my birthday. Not exactly what I would've picked, but it's always fun. Maybe I will slip my silver quarter dollar into a slot machine. I am hoping for a million, but expecting -25 cents. I think I deserve at least $100. It would be nice.

There's probably more to say, but I'll post it later with birthday pictures and rambles (brambles?).

No comments: