Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Chilled to the bone!

Drinks at Chaucer's on Tuesday night


Well the weather here in Philadelphia is just gorgeous!!! KIDDING! I can see the appeal in a snowy streetscape, but if you lived on my street you would cringe at the fist sign of snow or potential ice. If you've never had the pleasure of driving me to my house, let me just describe my parking/street situation. The street is one-way and a sort of thoroughfare connecting two main roads. So it's pretty busy all of the time. I also have one of the only driveways on the street, and people just LOVE parking inches away from it. So if you've seen my little white Jetta around and thought, "That girl must hit a lot of things," I would like to clarify that a lot of people like parking close to my driveway, causing me to dent my car. Oh did I mention that my street is a hill? I would guess at a 55° angle. So imagine this combination during the snowy/icy months. To top it all off my car is a manual, and also horrible in the snow. I've had to explain this to people for almost 2 years now and it's getting old. So I hate the snow and ice. I also hate driving, especially late because that's when people like to not only park close to my driveway, they like to park in front of it. Well that certainly is enough of my rant.

ONTO FUN THINGS!

The past week has been busy. Wednesday night I went out for drinks with friends. BTW Smith's Restaurant + Lounge is an awesome place to go for drinks and snacks. Any
establishment that has $3 Yuenglings earns a place in my regular rotation. The food was really tasty, too. I had the butter lettuce salad and was very impressed. Apparently my friend's boyfriend-thing's ex-boss owns the place. Give it a shot if you're in the Rittenhouse area.

While we were out, I stumbled upon this:



The rest of the week/weekend was pretty relaxed. Travis's poor Powerbook G4 died. I am not to discuss the particulars of this tragedy. Considering his school life is based around that machine (he'll be graduating with a B.S. in Graphic Design) he had to get a new computer. I would say he's pretty happy about it (but sad of course)...



While we were in DE making electronic purchases, we picked up this previously owned Micro Korg. I love it and can't wait to put out some cute and funky music!




This week should be interesting. My obligations include: Pathology quiz; Biochemistry exam; preparing a presentation on James Polk (what?!); working my retail job. But fun things will certainly be on the list. As Valentine's Day is on Thursday, Travis is taking me to Bistro 7 for dinner. I'm so excited.

Enjoy your week!

No comments: