Wednesday, February 6, 2008

quick!

I'm waiting for Heather to come and pick me up. We're having a little girls' night thing. While I'm waiting I'm going to give you a tasty recipe.

Chicken Tikka
  • 1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
  • 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 3 tbsp plain yogurt
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • enough chicken (or tofu) to fill your hungry belly!
Mix the garlic, ginger, cumin, and chili powder together in a bowl or a zip-lock bag. I like using the bag so I don't have any dishes to clean. Once the seasonings are mixed add the yogurt, lemon juice, and tomato paste. Add your chopped chicken (or tofu) and mix up. Marinate for at least 3 hours. It is best if you marinate the chicken overnight. I wouldn't marinate the tofu too long, though. Sometimes tofu can get mush and bleh if marinated for too long.

About 30 minutes before you're starving, turn on the broiler to your oven. Chop up some onion ( I like to do wedges) and drizzle with olive oil. Lay the onion onto a baking sheet, or aluminum foil. Put the chicken on top of the onions, and broil for 15 minutes. After that time is up, flip the chicken and cook for 15 more minutes (or until done. It takes 25-30 mins total). I like to serve this with rice. It takes my rice cooker about 35 minutes to cook enough for Travis and me, so I just set that up right before I'm ready to cook the chicken. This is pretty delicious, and you should probably try it out. YUM!


No comments: